My sleeping pattern shifts
from one extreme to another, and so from a good night there must follow one
where I don’t sleep a wink. I spent the whole night in my office working on
several little bits of work, and took a break to watch some telly and eat
cereal but nothing would make my eyes heavy enough to contemplate sleeping.
This wouldn’t be a problem on
most days, but I still hadn’t managed to have so much as a power nap before
going to Trent Sound for this week’s NottinghamLIVE.
I have to admit to being on terrible form this week, although I somehow managed
to get through it. We didn’t bother doing the ‘looking ahead’ gig guide
feature, as we were upstaged by Cassia’s professional manner last week. Unfortunately,
she is on holiday in Bali now, (having no doubt had to make a difficult
decision between Bali and Bulwell) so was unable to join us.
My spirits were lifted by our
band this week, the brilliant Long Dead Signal. They performed a ramshackle set
of acoustic brilliance, followed by one of the best interviews that we have
ever conducted. They are welcomed back any time, as they were just what I
needed to lift me through one of my worst performing shows yet. I’ll have a
good night’s sleep before the next show.
===
My daily blog can be delivered straight to your Kindle
for 99p a month (link)
I'm raising money to make a film about The Sunday Alternative and put on a free screening, please read my latest newsletter.
I'm raising money to make a film about The Sunday Alternative and put on a free screening, please read my latest newsletter.

