If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Sunday 22 February 2009

I read about that bag of Woolworths Pick and Mix that I was on about in yesterdays blog. The final total that it sold for was £14,500.

The money!

The sentimental value!

I'm not starting that again. I was struck by a thought though, who was stupid enough to pay such a large amount of money for what is essentially a bag of sweets? Take away the fact that misty eyed nostalgia means that we all now fondly miss Woolies, even though many of us didn't use it for years thus aiding its demise, and you are left with a paper bag full of sweets that cost you fourteen and a half grand. I'll bet the buyer doesn't share them out. I'd piss myself laughing if I find out one of their kids, not old enough to know better, toddled in and saw a bag of sweets and got stuck in. Because that sort of misfortune is hilarious when it isn't you that suffers.