If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Sunday 11 October 2015


Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.

Leviticus 23:3

Bollocks! That's what I say to you and your silly children's storybook. Sunday was once a day of rest and fun for me but now it is pretty much a work day (apart from the trip to my dad's for lunch which takes me out of circulation for a few hours). Not that it isn't fun and of course I'm not working down a coal-mine but I often wonder how I managed to turn Sunday into a working day. I suppose the pivotal moment was hosting a radio show with the word 'Sunday' in the title and then the name growing into a monthly gig and successful podcast. 

I'm not complaining of course, I'm also not complaining about the fact that I woke up this morning with my stomach feeling like a washing machine thanks to an overwhelming nervousness. At the time of writing this blog I still haven't left the house and I have been for three separate poo visits to the toilet. So far this morning I have uploaded and spent some time doing the usual shouting on social media promoting the podcast and taken Jack for a walk to try and clear my head. My head didn't clear, for today I am about to leave the house and host a stage as part of the Hockley Hustle. 

This is only the fourth staging of The Sunday Alternative Live (it counts as canon even though it isn't as The Maze) and is a pretty big deal. There's a lot riding on this and any major fuck up will hurt me, not that anyone might even notice but for me it will be the worst thing in the world. 

My first port of call will be breakfast in Hockley followed by a day at Bunkers Hill, wish me luck.

The Sunday Alternative Podcast #59 is available from here

===

October Housekeeping

Donations have slowed down a bit and this has had an adverse effect on filming plans. Ideas are waiting to become reality so please do consider making a donation using the PayPal button above.

In return for your gift I will make entertainment that I will put online to be enjoyed free of charge by everyone. Comedy sketches, documentaries, short films and podcasts are waiting to be made so dig deep.

You get 365 blogs a year, a weekly podcast and a forthcoming Nottingham music podcast (at Christmas) free of charge already.

Some ways to help:

You can have a kazoo cover dedicated to you.
Beat the 5p carrier bag charge here (and check out other goodies)
Download my audio books here.