If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Sunday 18 October 2015


Can you believe that I have now recorded sixty editions of The Sunday Alternative as a podcast? It would have been more but I was only putting them out every fortnight to start with and I had a period of hiatus when my old computer broke down but sixty is a good number. The Sunday Alternative name celebrates a pretty cool birthday next year and to make matters better it happens on a Sunday so I am interested to find out when the time comes how much further I can develop it between now and then. Having already started doing live music and setting up a production company I have a few ideas left including the possibility of a record label but at the moment that is simply a scribble on a scrap of paper in my office. 

I was up in time to do the social media blasting for this week's podcast and the early figures were pretty satisfying. By 'early figures' I mean the pre-going out to my dad's for lunch figures. Sometimes I wish I kept a better log of the traffic that the show gets at the various different times of the day but I don't want it to turn into an obsession. Once I get into a project I would have to do it forever or until I make an informed decision to pack it up. When I was a kid I kept a detailed record of soft drinks, (I told Mandi about this and she still mentions it from time to time referring to it as my 'pop chart'), awarding ratings based on a system I wish I could remember as much as I wish I still had the chart. It wasn't as simple as sampling a drink, I would spend pocket money on a can of pop but also the same drink in a bottle, carton, and so on until I had tried every variation for reasons best known to the eleven year old me. Can you believe that I wasn't considered to be one of the cool kids at school? 

The Sunday Alternative Podcast #60 is available from here

===

October Housekeeping

Donations have slowed down a bit and this has had an adverse effect on filming plans. Ideas are waiting to become reality so please do consider making a donation using the PayPal button above.

In return for your gift I will make entertainment that I will put online to be enjoyed free of charge by everyone. Comedy sketches, documentaries, short films and podcasts are waiting to be made so dig deep.

You get 365 blogs a year, a weekly podcast and a forthcoming Nottingham music podcast (at Christmas) free of charge already.

Some ways to help:

You can have a kazoo cover dedicated to you.
Beat the 5p carrier bag charge here (and check out other goodies)
Download my audio books here.