If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Wednesday 11th September

I feel that I have done the joke about today being known around the world as the anniversary of The Sunday Alternative to death, (it started on 11th September 2011) and I resisted the urge to post that flippant comment online. By the time I arrived at Facebook this morning, a lot of people were posting anniversary tributes, including friends in America, so I didn’t bother as it would be just my luck for someone not to get the joke and go all pissy. It has happened before after all.

At nine o’clock this evening I was going to mark the occasion, but I forgot all about it as I was just starting the final hour of NottinghamLIVE. Darren has asked if I wanted to say or do something to mark the anniversary, but I didn’t want to detract from the Nottingham element of the show.

I felt a lot better this week than last week when I hadn’t had any sleep, and I like to think that my contribution was far more useful than it had been on the last show. We welcomed Andy Hunter (Hunting Helen) to perform in the live studio, and he provided a cool interview and was willing to join in with the ‘sex with a cartoon character’ question.


Before the show I nearly got into an altercation with a driver who splashed through a puddle right next to me. The selfish bastard must have seen that I was there, and I’m almost certain that it is illegal to knowingly doing such a thing. Without thinking about my next move, I turned round and threw my lighter at the car, hitting the side. I also shouted something at them. The driver stopped the car and reversed towards me and wound down the window. He didn’t get out of the car but I could see that we were about equal build; luckily I hadn’t thrown my lighter at some thick-necked nightclub bouncer. I replied to his question of what I had done, and called him out for splashing me. Of course he said that he didn’t mean to do it and that I shouldn’t have thrown a ‘missile’ at him. At this point he got out of his car and noticed that I had scratched the passenger door. I’m quite proud of how I handled the situation, although I realise that I shouldn’t have let my anger get the better of me.

“You’ve scratched my car”
“I’ve got wet trousers, life’s a shithouse”

The really annoying part of this situation was that I was so wound up that I wanted a cigarette to calm myself down, and I couldn’t because I didn’t have a lighter.

===
My daily blog can be delivered straight to your Kindle for 99p a month (link)
I'm raising money to make a film about The Sunday Alternative and put on a free screening, please read my latest newsletter.