Another month done and dusted,
and time seems to be fighting against me if I’m ever going to kick the shit out
of my to-do list. I do seem to have achieved quite a bit this month as far as
work is concerned, although it didn’t feel like it until I looked through my
diary to see what my August represented with regards my career. Adding up The Sunday Alternative, NottinghamLIVE,
and The Sound Of Nottingham UK, I have been responsible
for twenty three hours of radio which would have been twenty five if we hadn’t
missed an edition of The Sunday Alternative
due to the studio being locked. I also knocked out episode eight of Moonage Daydream and the bonus episode All Covered
In Bowie. Writing wise I submitted a review to Leftlion for
the first time ever, and covered John Otway’s film for NottinghamLIVE.
The third series of Steve’s LP Box
is also well underway with all editions written and ready for recording; Dare by The Human League, Presenting
The Fabulous Ronettes by The Ronettes, The Velvet
Underground And Nico by The Velvet Underground, Ten
by Pearl Jam, and the Christmas special, Elvis’ Christmas Album.
The month of August has also
seen the start of the exclusive sessions I am recording for American radio;
Georgie Rose and Angie Niccals have already been broadcast and I have Emma
Bladon Jones lined up for tonight, with bookings in the diary until
mid-October. Finally I have recorded the first part of the audio book of my
brother’s novel Whatever Happened To Nathan McKenzie?
so all in all a busy month.
At the weekend I have the
second birthday of The Sunday Alternative
to look forward to, and yesterday I had the idea to make a film commemorating
the show. I won’t have time to do it in a week, so I will be recording footage
on Sunday and look to having the film out by at least the end of the year.
I am hoping to have a proper
rest at some stage before I collapse of exhaustion.
===