If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday 3 November 2009

A 'General' Tuesday

I was up early to go and introduce myself to the new guv’nor of The Old General, having arranged to meet my dad to have a drink there if they had opened up. There was nobody there, although there were signs of life. Luckily, I had thought ahead. I had in my pocket a nicely written (hand written to boot!) letter welcoming him/her to the Hyson Green area. I outlined the history of the statue being dressed as Santa at Christmas, although he/she should already know that, as I like to think it is in the paperwork when you take over the establishment. I enclosed my address, phone number and main email address so I await a response expectantly.

If I have not heard back by the end of the week, I will continue to harangue them until the statue is dressed up Santa style.