If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Fetch Your Cloth!

Having seen off the first series of The Mighty Boosh, and series three of Friends, we are now kicking the shit out of Virgin Media’s ‘on demand’ service by way of the very first series of Open All Hours. I don’t need to tell you that Ronnie Barker and David Jason are comedy legends, and seeing them working together is a joy.

As an aside, Ronnie Barker was my first choice for the lead role in the screenplay I will probably never write. He ruined his chances by dying, which wasn’t entirely his fault. My second choice was Eric Sykes, my favourite comedian, but he doesn’t seem to have long left. Especially when I consider the time I am spending writing it, I may have to plump for someone who is really young now as an investment. My current choice incidentally, is David Jason.

As another aside, watch David Jason made to look like an old man when he played Blanco in Porridge. Look at him now; he has aged into the work of a 1970s sitcom make up artist!