If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Picture from Elite Pro Performance

Before I begin today's episode in my dull yet occasionally entertaining life, I forgot to thank my dad in yesterday's entry for the part he played in my Hockley Hustle. He filmed several of the acts and generally kept me calm, or at least tried to. 

Having learned my lesson last year when I had to sit in a courtroom with a hangover and not enough sleep, I decided weeks ago that I would book 'Hockley Hustle Boxing Day' (as nobody calls it) as a day holiday because even though I didn't drink to excess, I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate on legal stuff after such a big day - I can barely do my job in normal circumstances. I wasn't going to waste the day though, there is no such thing as a day off these days when you do two jobs, one for love and one for money, especially when the 'love' job is the one you prefer. 

Today I had intended, to use one of my dad's expressions, play hell with the big stick today work-wise and knuckle down in my office to crack on with reducing my frankly ridiculous to-do list. Although I didn't quite achieve everything I wanted to (this is why I won't die young, no time) I did get some important stuff out of the way such as recording this week's podcast and (finally) the first edition of the Nottingham 2015 podcast which will be released on Christmas Eve morning. I am also now only one chapter away from finishing the audio book of Bowie Day (a short story inspired by A Christmas Carol). Jack seemed to enjoy the fact that I was home all day too as it meant we could go to the park and play fetch with his favourite ball. The park still makes me nervous after what happened on Good Friday this year but it isn't fair to deprive Jack of a good run around. As I haven't got round to buying a bike lock I wrap his lead around the gate quite tightly and stay almost rooted to the spot to keep a look out for people approaching with dogs. 

My only regret is that I made no progress on the recording of further tracks for my much anticipated Christmas kazoo album. I bet Bing Crosby wasn't this disorganised.

The Sunday Alternative Podcast #59 is available from here

===

October Housekeeping

Donations have slowed down a bit and this has had an adverse effect on filming plans. Ideas are waiting to become reality so please do consider making a donation using the PayPal button above.

In return for your gift I will make entertainment that I will put online to be enjoyed free of charge by everyone. Comedy sketches, documentaries, short films and podcasts are waiting to be made so dig deep.

You get 365 blogs a year, a weekly podcast and a forthcoming Nottingham music podcast (at Christmas) free of charge already.

Some ways to help:

You can have a kazoo cover dedicated to you.
Beat the 5p carrier bag charge here (and check out other goodies)
Download my audio books here.