If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Thursday 8 July 2010

A new episode of Charity Shop Film Guide is now up to watch on YouTube. Again, I cannot get it to load on FoD, but it will appear there soon. I watched the film Voyage of the Rock Aliens, which needs to be seen to be believed. My review does not really do it justice, as this was a film with no plot, no direction, and no idea.

Do your curiosity a favour and Google the film. It even has a profile on myspace so you will get some idea.

The night I watched Voyage, I conceived the pencil sketch basis of a live version of Charity Shop Film Guide in which I play a couple of crap films with an introduction beforehand. This is something I might try to do next year if I get the time. 

Something I would like to do is acquire permission to adapt Voyage of the Rock Aliens for the stage. The fact that it is woefully piss poor has not stopped many plays/musicals being staged. In fact, it is such a cheap and nasty affair that I hear Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder discussing the financial benefits of staging a flop. But I want it to be one of them things that get the audience turning up in costume.