If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Monday 29 June 2009

Teen Pop and a Duck

I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema to watch an adult film.

That doesn't sound right, I mean films not made for a child audience. I have never intended to watch an adult film in a cinema, and even if I did I don't think Nottingham has that kind of cinema.

I took Emily to see Hannah Montana, which I enjoyed. I really enjoyed it. Even though I was the only man in there, and quite possibly the oldest person in there. I won't go over the story, but I will say I cried at the end.

Worth noting that Miley Cyrus, (the Hannah Montana actress) sang several songs as herself, or rather her alter ego character Miley Stuart. As she is getting older I reckon this was a ploy to lay the foundations for the day she gets too old for the part. If you can, listen to some of her 'Miley Cyrus' stuff, as it is very good. ('Very good', you can see how I became a journalist can't you?) Seriously though, her 'real' songs have a much more country rock feel to them, compared to the pop sound of Hannah Montana. If Disney own Hannah then she can't rely on being allowed to perform 'Best Of Both Worlds' for the rest of her life can she? She is only sixteen, and hopefully her dad can manage to keep her straight, as you can see they are close.

Talking of which, Miley sang a song she wrote for her dad in the film, and we both cried. I am 32 and I cry at kid's films!

Also, remember a while ago I was being very secretive about my activity surrounding a Nottingham celeb? Well, I wasn't being totally honest. He wasn't a celeb at the time, but soon will be. In the Market Square, for those of you who have been/live here/seen my photos will know there is a water feature. A lone mallard has taken to this water and become something of a focal point of the square. I jumped on the potential for this by claiming copyright on him, and trademarking his name Ayup The Duck. Now I have the legal papers back I can say this. A range of merchandise will soon be available. Today, to do me the favour of publicity, the Evening Post printed this article.

I am talking to the paper myself tomorrow (Saturday) and things will kick off from there. Nobody else is allowed to use his image on anything for sale so I'm waiting ready to sue.

This time next year Rodders...