If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Sunday 28 June 2009

No Running, No Bombing, No Petting, No Ducking...

Mandi had to return to Doncaster today, but there was no sadness this time as the next time she travels it will be a one way journey and we will be living together some time during the week.

I took Emily swimming this afternoon, which is the first time we had been together since she earned her 100 metres certificate. Our previous sessions involved me trying to teach her to swim, which resulted in us falling out. But I hadn't seen Emily swimming before and was amazed.

We did a quick shop for new swimwear, and Emily ignored my request not to get her new gear wet. Quick pop home to get towels, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, deodorant, and hairbrushes. We also did that thing from school where you put your swim gear on under your clothes to speed up the getting changed.

Emily jumped straight in the deep end, and swam off. It was a much better day at the baths as with Emily being able to swim, I could have a proper swim. I managed fourteen lengths, and next time I will do them all one after the other.

The baths have early morning sessions, and I am seriously thinking of taking it up as a regular thing. I actually felt as though I'd done some exercise when I came out of the pool. It was a feeling I don't get when cycling, as I'm used to cycling almost every day so it doesn't have that effect.