If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday 7 January 2009

On The Last Day Of Christmas...

 I finally learned the sequence of gifts presented by the true love in The Twelve Days Of Christmas. I had contemplated buying these love tokens for Mandi next Christmas but soon learned the practical aspect would leave me out of pocket. You see, every day he buys a new present AND the same presents from the previous day. So by the twelfth day you would have bought...

144 drummers drumming and 132 pipers piping. Now as a one time drummer I'd love to have a 'drum off' with 143 others, but the pipers piping would grate. Especially considering you'd have 120 lords leaping about the place, outnumbering the 108 ladies dancing, something would get damaged.

To entertain the 96 maids milking, you'd obviously need 96 cows. Which you wouldn't have room in the garden for as you'd have to dig a big pond to accommodate the 84 swans swimming, and 72 geese laying. You only need to walk by a river bank or through a park where geese operate to see how copiously they crap everywhere. I know jewellery is a nice gift, but 60 gold rings is too many for anyone, except Mr T perhaps. To top it off you have 48 calling birds, 36 French hens, 24 turtle doves and 12 partridges requiring their own individual pear tree!

Sod it I'll buy something else, I think I did quite well with her presents.

Yes! To answer your question I worked it out with a calculator.