If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Friday 16 January 2009

Now That's What I Call Top Of The Pops

This year marks the twenty fifth anniversary of the Now That's What I Call Music series of compilation albums. The very first one has been reissued on CD, I have it on vinyl, along with a few others on tape. Its one of the things I look for in charity shops, but I'm nowhere near as obsessed with NTWICM as I am with...

Photobucket

The Pickwick label's Top Of The Pops albums. I have loads of these, and am always on the look out for more. I don't know where this fascination came from, but at least I don't collect train numbers eh? I cannot for the life of me fathom why people bought these in the first place, the songs aren't recorded by the artist and the range of songs is the very reason the word 'eclectic' exists. The downside is that at least one in five albums contains a song by Gary Glitter, but they were different, more innocent times!