If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Tuesday 23 August 2011



















I noticed this plaque today for the first time. It obviously interested me because of my interests in the history of Nottingham, and the changes that have occurred. This plaque isn't enough, why has there not been an apology yet?
 



















This doesn't really qualify as a ghost sign, but it is of interest. The main thing about this is the fact that this is such a small building to be housing a bank. The Midland Bank ceased to be in 1999, and one assumes that the houses, flats and offices down this road were small shops that utilised the service of a small friendly bank.

As a pay off for the clothes shopping, I dragged Emily into a Nottingham institution that all music lovers make a regular pilgrimage to. We hit Rob's Record Mart, and I commented to Rob that it was nice to see the mess coming back after the massive tidy up. I bought four LPs, and to help the environment I took my own bag in, if only to embarrass Emily.




















Wouldn't this make a brilliant album cover?