If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday 29 October 2014


In addition to a list of projects to tackle next year, I have also written a longer list of ‘loose ends’ that can be tied up and also count towards having done something creatively productive. These aren’t exactly work as such, but things that I can’t find the time for and is better than having done nothing; editing my old blogs so that dead links are replaced and Photobucket photos removed (so that I can delete my Photobucket account – has anyone used it since MySpace died?), replacing lost radio shows and podcasts by downloading them or recording them from the websites they were uploaded to, or simply organising my archive a bit better are all included. Of course actual work takes priority but at least by doing these little jobs if nothing else I can at least mark the day off as having been useful.

The box containing my abandoned ideas makes interesting reading, for me at least. Suspended ideas perhaps describes it better, as I do hope to one day be able to return to these projects with renewed interest. Some of them are ideas that I had high hopes for such as Charity Shop Film Guide, which was a good idea but not executed properly. The live spin off idea, Bad Film Club, also has legs (as has been proven by the idea being carried out by the cinema that turned down my pitch for it) but maybe not yet. I had also wondered about a Charity Shop series with vinyl LPs being aired, there’s always boxes of appalling records available but would this idea be of mass appeal to not only attract listeners but also to encourage people towards the PayPal button? It is my aim one day to have the luxury of enough time to pull a piece of paper out of the box and devote as much time as possible to whatever it says. The luxury of time is one thing, but a lot of these ideas need money too. If you don’t feel as if the PayPal button is a good enough investment, then why not email me to tell me what sort of area you’d be willing to pay for. Whatever I do will be given away totally free of charge, so I suppose it’s only fair that you know what you’re paying for. For obvious reasons I won’t tell you about my plans in too much detail, as you could be out to steal an idea, but it would give me some idea of where to start. I want to make documentaries, short films, comedy sketches and continue to provide a weekly podcast, but there are more specific items on the agenda too; a sitcom, a chat show, and all sorts of stuff.

The Indie-Go Go campaign to fund the documentary about The Sunday Alternative didn’t go according to plan, although I did ask for perhaps a bit too much money, I also didn’t really push it as hard as I could have done. I did think of setting up a campaign to simply fund all of my artistic endeavors but I would have to put some limit of time on there and as such couldn’t have a semi-permanent campaign.

Another option is my audio books. The money that they make also goes into the fund, which is why I have set them at ‘pay what you like’, if you don’t feel that 365 free blogs and a weekly podcast warrants a donation then maybe having me read to you will change your mind. I toyed with the idea of putting my podcast on Bandcamp as a payable download (with the option to listen for free as usual on the podcast blog) but that will lead to bother with the artists who might take offence at me earning while they don’t, so I’m not going to do that.

===
My daily blog can be delivered straight to your Kindle for 99p a month (link)
Listen to The Sunday Alternative here

All donations received via the PayPal button above will be used to fund creative projects such as podcasts, short films, documentaries, comedy sketches and a whole lot more. You are under no obligation of course, but thanks in advance if you do drop something in the pot.