If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Thursday 7 July 2011

The Batman Conspiracy Continues

After I emailed my reply to the Nottingham Post confessing that I was kidding around regarding the Adam West story, I thought that it was all over.

After a fairly slow day, in which I almost caught up with all my work, I recieved an email on facebook from an old college friend called Darren:

Hi mate how are you, just been watching the Hollywood gossip thing between "numbers" and "CSI" on 5USA. And there was a snippet saying about whether Adam West was going to make a cameo in the new Batman movie as he had been spotted in Nottingham. I'm still laughing now mate :-)

I emailed back almost straight away:

Oh fuck, what have I started?

He emailed back:

Some funny shit, that's what you've started dude, wonder if it will hit the papers next.

This is when the penny dropped and I realised that maybe there was a story in this after all. I googled 'Adam West Nottingham' and found that my name was all over the place in connection with a joke that had become speculation. The obvious thing to do was to phone my contact at the paper to deliver a story.

I committed to writing a 650 word article about the whole Batman/Adam West debacle, which I abandoned the work I was already doing to get on with.