If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Monday 14 November 2022

The Sherwood Shessions

Before you read the main article, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button above or at this link. This enables me to continue providing films, music videos, documentaries, podcasts, comedy sketches and art. Every penny donated is used in the creation of these projects which are made available for free as a reward and thank you for your generosity. 

If you can't afford to donate, then please help spread the word by sharing my work on social media. Please also help me to lose the word 'underfollowed' from my bios by following me and recommending me to others. My social media links are at the end of the article.


I don't have a great deal to do with the Nottingham music scene these days, neither do I go to anywhere near as many gigs as I did when I was on the radio. My tastes have changed too regarding live music, and although I maintain that music sounds better if it is being played in front of you, it is also a sight better if you can sit down while they do it. One event I attend regularly is the Sherwood Sessions, an intimate affair on the first Sunday of the month at Bradey's Micro Pub.

The show is organised and hosted by Paul Carbuncle, a local folk-punk hero and one of my best and closest friends. Paul pulls together a selection of the best musicians around and opens the proceedings, usually accompanied by his daughter Tibbie Star on harmonica.

As I film all these performances, I have created a new playlist on YouTube. I am way behind with editing and uploading but there's a selection of videos available now.

The Sherwood Shessions collection on YouTube can be found here.