If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Goose Fair


Before you read the main article, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button above or at this link. This enables me to continue providing films, music videos, documentaries, podcasts, comedy sketches and art. Every penny donated is used in the creation of these projects which are made available for free as a reward and thank you for your generosity. 

If you can't afford to donate, then please help spread the word by sharing my work on social media. Please also help me to lose the word 'underfollowed' from my bios by following me and recommending me to others. My social media links are at the end of the article.
The 2022 edition

As the world returns to normal, it was great to see Goose Fair return to Nottingham. Cancelled understandably due to Covid-19 in 2020 and due to Nottingham Council's greed backfiring in 2021, we saw Nottingham's Christmas return for a record-breaking ten-day stretch. Maybe it is going to remain that way, although I personally think it's a bad idea.

In my capacity as unofficial ambassador for Goose Fair, (although if there's an official role available, I'm on board), I was on hand to film as usual, both the construction and the ambience. Sadly, I was unable to make the opening ceremony this year.

Talking of tradition, 2022 also saw the return of my annual photograph at the (the) mushy peas stall, although I did keep this going despite the lack of the fair. Having had a quiet year workwise, I was looking forward to talking to the press about my comeback plans, but despite being given plenty of notice, inevitably not one representative bothered to show up. This was especially galling as there were plenty of them around. I imagine if Ladbaby, Vicky McClure, Jake Bugg or any other of my fellow Nottingham showbizzers had turned up it would have been a front-page story.

To get to my first released Goose Fair project, my usual construction videos are now available.

It wasn't until I started viewing the footage that it occurred to me to release two different versions. The first version is silent and inspired by the filmmaking of Andy Warhol. When I was at school, I first became interested in Warhol's art and later on I discovered his films. There is something about his audacity that I admire, a five-hour film of sleep and an eight-hour film of The Empire State Building are two examples of the anti-film. This is the approach I took with Goose Fair Construction 2022, which is only slightly edited footage of the week leading up to the fair, more of an endurance test than a film at one hour twenty-five minutes but will be of interest. Version 2 is a much snappier and viewer friendly watch.

Goose Fair Construction is available to watch here.
Goose Fair Construction - Version 2 is available to watch here.


Twitter  

Instagram

 Facebook