If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Monday 20 July 2015

If I'd taken the Post-It notes off the wall first I could have avoided that little Sharpie mark.

November is sorted for The Sunday Alternative Live and it is another good one. At some point I should hopefully get round to filling September but so far I have August and November sorted. You may be asking why I haven't got a Post-It note about October, and I wish I could say why but it is something pretty fucking big and it is killing me not being able to say, it's like trying to hold in your farts in polite company. 

One Million Motors is a one-man operation and although Nottingham is flooded with men with acoustic guitars there are a few that stand out and John is one of them. He appeared on the radio show with me in January 2014 and I haven't caught a lot of him since for some reason so I'm looking forward to having him on the bill. Daiblo Furs impressed me when they played a gig at the Golden Fleece that Darren and I were broadcasting from and they had only played a handful of shows before that so now that they've got a few more notches on the mic stand I'm excited about how they will progress. I will confidently say that if they stay together and put the heavy lifting in they could be as big on the local punk scene as Dick Venom and the Terrortones or Trioxin Cherry. 

Talking of Trioxin Cherry, I am really pleased to have booked this band, and a little surprised to be honest. Of course The Sunday Alternative as a brand is a pretty big deal but I had an idea that Trioxin Cherry were perhaps a little too big for a gig like mine. To be honest I had the same thoughts when I confirmed The Breakfast Club and Spangle Corps so maybe I just have an inflated idea of a band's size. All you need to do is get down to The Maze on Sunday 1st November to see what I mean.

Blue Vulture are quite good too.

The Sunday Alternative #48 is available from here.

===

July Housekeeping

Bags and T-Shirts are still available from here. All money goes in the fund. Feel free to browse the shop page while you're there.

If you donate £5 or more, you get to choose a song for me to cover on kazoo for a YouTube video, details here.

Seriously, I am grateful for the donations so if you haven't got round to it yet, I thank you in advance.

steveEoliver@gmail.com