If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Sunday 15 December 2013

Sunday 15th December

Another one of those photos that I can't get to rotate.

I put out a tweet earlier in the week to see if I could get a live act for today’s show, as I want to keep the momentum going as far as live music is concerned. Just as I was starting to worry that I wouldn’t manage it, I received a message from Chloe McShane to tell me she would come on. Chloe is someone who has had my support for quite some time now, since she emailed me through Facebook asking me to listen to her music on Soundcloud. She was due to appear on NottinghamLIVE a while ago but had to pull out at the last minute and since then she has been unavailable. To make things a little more complicated, she now lives in Brighton where she is at University, but she still fits the NottinghamLIVE requisite due to being from Nottingham. Midweek is out of the question of course, and as she is back up here for the weekend it was cool to have her on the show. I had intended to keep away from Nottingham musicians on The Sunday Alternative if possible, seeing as I do provide fairly well for them on my other two shows, but of course they are easier to get hold of on a Sunday lunchtime.

In order to keep tinkering with the format of the show, I now interview the live guest in the first hour of the show, and have them do a stand alone performance in the second hour. The show is a work in progress and I am confident that one day I will find a way of doing The Sunday Alternative that I can settle on. Chloe performed two new songs live and played guitar, something I didn’t realise she had only started doing quite recently; the Rosie May charity gig (the gig they called ‘Nottingham’s Live Aid’) was the first time she had ever played guitar in a set.

Gary wasn’t well today so I did the show solo, something I still don’t really enjoy doing. It is great having someone to bounce ideas off and go into great duologues with. I’ve got plans to release a weekly video accompaniment to the show, which will include behind the scenes footage, the live band and interviews, and a top-and-tail introduction to give it a TV feel. A lot of this relies on being able to get a band in and also Gary being able to make it along every week. After toying with the idea, we are going to make it happen in 2014.

===
My daily blog can be delivered straight to your Kindle for 99p a month (link)
I’m raising money to make a film about The Sunday Alternative and put on a free screening, please read my latest newsletter.

Any money donated to the PayPal account above will be used to make films, podcasts, and other content that will be made available free of charge.