If you've enjoyed this blog, please consider making a donation using the PayPal button. All money received will be used to make short films, podcasts, documentaries, comedy sketches and more. In return for your donations everything will be available to enjoy for free. Thanks in advance.

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hoax (It Wasn't Me)

I saw this today and had to take a picture. Some joker obviously wants us to believe that this is a recently uncovered poster advertising the film Rebel Without A Cause that has been on the wall of the old Odeon cinema since the film came out in 1955.

As much as I'm sure anyone with an interest in cinema wants this to be true, it is, unfortunately, a hoax.

For a start it is pasted straight on the concrete wall. I didn't think to cross the road to take a full on shot, so I have illustrated the location of the poster on a photo I took a while ago, below.

This might be a well meaning attempt to prevent or slow down the demolition of the cinema, which is a mistake for which Nottingham City Council should be put on trial for vandalism. As much as I applaud any attempt to reverse this idiotic decision, (especially as I recently had the chance to see the beauty of the inside of the place), I really can't see anyone falling for this stunt. It is quite obvious that this poster is a reproduction from a memorabilia shop.

Nice try though, but as a hoax, it is hardly up there with the Adam West rumour is it?